Returns, Warranties and Refunds
Q. Do your items come with a warranty?A. Yes. Except where otherwise stated, all our items come with a 12 month, return-to-base warranty. This guarantee does not cover standard and rechargeable batteries, which have a finite life. The warranty for rechargeable batteries is three months from the date of receipt (we offer no warranty for standard non-rechargeable batteries). If you'd like to order a replacement battery, they're available at cost price (so they're really cheap!) via our spare parts section. Please do contact us if you have any questions about the 12 month return-to-base warranty, and we'll do our best to help.
IMPORTANT NOTE: An important exception to this is our graded, ex-returns section - all models purchased from here have a 30 day return-to-base warranty.
Q. My order has been dispatched but I no longer want it. What can I do?A. You can cancel or change your order at any time up until it has been processed for dispatch, but because we aim to process orders at lightning speed, you will need to get in touch as quickly as possible! Once our warehouse has processed your order for dispatch, we won't be able to make any further changes or prevent the item being delivered to you. Even if you have changed your mind, please do ensure that you accept the delivery. Failure to do this may result in a deduction from any subsequent refunds. If, once you have received the item, you are sure you do not wish to keep it please see below for our returns procedure.
Q. I wish to return my item. How can I do this?A. We really hope you love your order, but we do understand that sometimes things just don't work out. You can return your item for an exchange or refund as long as you report this to us within Fourteen days of delivery and the item remains in its original, unused condition. Please be aware that you are responsible for the safe keeping of the product until it has been received by our returns department.
IMPORTANT NOTE:This does not apply to items purchased on a sale, clearance or graded basis, or to personalised items.
How to return an item to us:
- Step 1: Please contact us by email or via our postal address, which you'll find details for here. You can also call us on 01242 808 375, but for legal reasons we ask that refund/exchange requests are also made in writing. You'll need to provide details including your name and order ID (you'll find this on your order confirmation e-mail), and let us know why you'd like to return your item.
- Step 2: We aim to respond to customers within four working hours, although it can take a little longer during very busy periods. We'll address your case according to our terms and conditions, which include your rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). Provided there is no problem, we'll issue you with a returns address and an RMA number. This is very important because it enables us to identify your item as soon as it arrives back with us, making any exchanges, repairs or refunds much more efficient.
- Step 3: If your item is being collected, you'll be asked to confirm a working day when someone can be present to hand the package to the courier. We regret that couriers cannot usually guarantee that collections will occur between specific times, but we can arrange pick-ups from any address, such as a neighbour or workplace, if that's easier for you. Please be aware that you are responsible for the safe keeping of the product until it has been received by our returns department.
- Step 4: Whether your item is being collected or you're returning it yourself, we ask that you ensure that it's securely packaged. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you keep the packaging for twelve months after first receiving your item. You'll need to label it with the returns address and RMA number provided.
Step 5: As soon as the item is back with us and has undergone routine checks, we'll be able to take your case further and either exchange, repair or refund your item as agreed.
Q. What if my item is faulty?A. We take pride in our products and faults are rare, but if there is a problem we'll provide all assistance necessary to make sure you have a fully working item.
Here's what to do if you believe your item may be faulty:
- We advise that you first visit our dedicated online assembly instructions, which can be found via a link on each product's description page (instructions may not be available for all products). These have been prepared by our support department for each product and include clear photographs, which will help you to ensure that the item is correctly assembled and all connections securely fastened.
- If you continue to experience problems, please contact us immediately, providing full details of the issue/s. We may ask you to forward photographs of particular areas, and we might need to refer your case to our technical support department. In the vast majority of cases, any problems can be easily and quickly resolved with advice and/or replacement parts.
- For your peace of mind, all our (non clearance or graded) products are covered by a twelve month return-to-base warranty against manufacturing defects, with the exception of the battery (which carries a standard three month guarantee). If your item develops a fault within this time, please let us know and we'll put it right for you. In the vast majority of cases, problems can be resolved with support from our dedicated technician and/or spare parts, which we will of course supply to you free of charge. Once this period has elapsed, you can still purchase any parts you need from our website at a very low cost.
- Alternatively, as long as no more than Fourteen days have passed since you first received the item, you are entitled to receive either an exchange or a full refund (including all postage costs). You must notify us in writing within fourteen days of receipt to be eligible for this, so we advise that all customers check their items as soon as they arrive. Return costs will be covered by us only in the event of a manufacturing fault. Please be aware that you are responsible for the safe keeping of the product until it has been received by our returns department.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Our product guarantees do not cover problems caused by misuse or user error, although in these circumstances we'll still do our best to provide advice.
Q. What if I want to return my item, but I've lost the box?A. We strongly recommend that you retain the packaging, but if it has got lost, don't worry. You will need to make sure that your item is securely packaged for transit, but customers in the past have found shops which sell large items (e.g. prams, pushchairs, mobility scooters) or even supermarkets frequently have boxes of all sizes which will fit our products and which they're usually happy to give away. As long as the item fits securely inside the box, this should be fine. Please note that we are unable to accept liability for items returned to us which are lost or damaged in transit.
Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) – where you stand
Here at Tigris Toys, we take our legal responsibilities very seriously, and we strive to ensure that every transaction is a smooth and happy one. Under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), you are entitled to claim a refund for any reason, as long as you provide written notice to the company from which you purchased the item within fourteen days of receipt. In the event that an item is simply unsuitable, it must be returned in its unused, original condition. You must bear the cost of these returns. IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that sale, graded and custom made items (such as personalised numberplates) are exempt from this policy and cannot be refunded once printed.